Houston Astros Alabama Crimson Tide Everton Houston Rockets Houston Texans

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2017 Astros Discussion

Day off today...

Cameron Maybin has 2 game winning HR's for the club, and Verlander threw 6 solid innings for a win.

We have won 7 in a row now and look to make it 8 tomorrow. We need to keep winning with the streak that the Indians are on right now.
    The key to a good life is simple. Be a better person today than you were yesterday.

My Favorites:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics
    9/8-9/10

Friday: Colin McHugh vs. Jharel Cotton

McHugh has allowed two runs or fewer in all but two of his eight starts this year, including the past four. The Astros have won each of his past three starts, with McHugh going 2-0 with a 0.54 ERA and a 1.08 WHIP in that span.

Cotton made it through just four innings in Seattle on Saturday, allowing four runs on seven hits, including three home runs. He has yielded 24 home runs in 114 innings this season.

Saturday Game 1: Charlie Morton vs. Daniel Mengden

In nine starts since July 19, Morton is 4-3 with a 3.62 ERA, striking out 61 batters and walking 15 in 54 2/3 innings in that span. The Astros are 13-8 in games he’s started.

Mengden returns from Triple-A Nashville for his first big league start since June 3. He was placed on the Minor League disabled list shortly thereafter with a right oblique strain and went 0-3 with a 6.09 ERA in five starts with the Sounds.

Saturday Game 2: Brad Peacock vs. Daniel Gossett

This could be Peacock's final start before being moved to the bullpen with the the addition of Justin Verlander and the activation of Lance McCullers Jr. As a starter, Peacock is 7-2 with a 3.34 ERA, but he is winless in his past five starts.

Gossett made 89 pitches in 3 2/3 innings in Seattle on Sunday. He allowed three runs on seven hits, including a homer, and walked a career-high five with five strikeouts. It was the second time in his last five starts he didn't complete four frames.

Sunday: Dallas Keuchel vs. Kendall Graveman

In eight starts since returning from the disabled list (he missed eight weeks with a neck problem), Keuchel is 3-3 with a 4.86 ERA. He’s coming off a gem, holding Seattle to two runs in 7 2/3 innings on Monday.
    Last edited by astr05fanatic; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:29 PM.
    The key to a good life is simple. Be a better person today than you were yesterday.

My Favorites:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think the Astros have the advantage in every match-up. A series win is expected, and a third sweep in a row would also be nice :)

Important Note: The Athletics are donating $1 from every ticket sold to relief for Hurricane Harvey victims. Stay classy Oakland.

My Favorites:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bullpen failed last night, big time. There is no reason for Gregerson to pitch in a meaningful game ever again. Mop up duty is all he should be used for.

My Favorites:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4 game sweep hurts. Bullpen sucks. Ugh

My Favorites:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Houston Astros vs. Los Angeles Angels
    9/12-9/14

Tuesday: Justin Verlander vs. Garrett Richards

Verlander was solid in his Astros debut, allowing one run in six innings Sept. 5 in Seattle. The right-hander struck out seven, extending his streak of striking out at least six to 10 straight starts.

Richards makes his first start at Angel Stadium since April 25, 2016. His last start, Sept. 5 in Oakland, was his first outing since suffering a right biceps strain in his season debut on April 5.

Wednesday: Lance McCullers Jr. vs. Tyler Skaggs

In his first start off the disabled list, McCullers allowed three runs in 5 1/3 innings against the Mariners Sept. 6. After missing more than a month with back discomfort, McCullers allowed four hits, walked one and struck out four.

Skaggs tied a season-high with nine strikeouts in his last start, a six-inning outing at Oakland on Sept. 6 in which he took a loss after giving up three runs in six innings.

Thursday: Brad Peacock vs. Ricky Nolasco

Peacock allowed two runs in 5 2/3 innings in Oakland Sept. 9, at one point striking out six consecutive batters. He struck out eight on the day, giving him 124 strikeouts in 94 2/3 innings as a starter this year.

Nolasco took his 13th loss of the season in his last start on Sept. 8 in Seattle, where the Mariners roughed him up for four runs on six hits in 3 2/3 innings.

My Favorites:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happy Verlander Day everybody :)

My Favorites:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 scoreless innings from Verlander to stop an embarrassing streak. time to get another win and get off the West Coast!

My Favorites:

Boston Red Sox Newcastle United

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's looking more and more like the Astros will finish up the regular season with 4 games in Boston, and then the Red Sox will board a plane for Houston for the ALDS. 6 or 7 games in a row -- that should be interesting (if it comes to that).

My Favorites:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mudge View Post
    It's looking more and more like the Astros will finish up the regular season with 4 games in Boston, and then the Red Sox will board a plane for Houston for the ALDS. 6 or 7 games in a row -- that should be interesting (if it comes to that).
    We will see what happens. I think the Astros are good enough to win anywhere, but homefield is an advantage i would like them to have.

Meanwhile Fiers does his part to lose another game last night.

My Favorites:

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Strong performances yesterday from the ancillary guys (Marwin/Peacock/Gurriel)....when those guys are rolling, this team is dangerous

Thread Information