Thread: The Face of Baseball?

My Favorites:

Minnesota Vikings New York Yankees New Jersey Devils Brooklyn Nets Alabama Crimson Tide Cincinnati Reds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Face of Baseball?

A lot of talk it was becoming Aaron Judge around the All Star Break. I disagreed then, but Mike Trout plays too far West and Bryce Harper is considered to be a 'douche' by many.

Put Mike Trout in a major east coast market and he's the face of baseball tomorrow. Harper hasn't been as consistent as Trout but he's got plenty of time. What also works against Harper is that he's the polar opposite of Jeter in terms of personality. Bryce is perhaps too much an arrogant, wannabe celebrity.

Who would you say is the current face of baseball?

My Favorites:

Philadelphia Eagles Virginia Tech Hokies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mike Trout is the face of baseball, regardless. Barry Bonds was once the face and he played on the West Coast. I'm all about stats and fan appreciation.

My Favorites:

Minnesota Vikings New York Yankees New Jersey Devils Brooklyn Nets Alabama Crimson Tide Cincinnati Reds

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fef View Post
    Mike Trout is the face of baseball, regardless. Barry Bonds was once the face and he played on the West Coast. I'm all about stats and fan appreciation.
    I think we baseball hardcores recognize Trout as the face of baseball, but the mainstream doesn't. Even those who didn't watch baseball knew who Jeter was. I would also disagree Bonds was the face of baseball. His biggest years overlapped Jeter and then the whole PED thing tainted his name.

I am admittedly NY biased tho.

My Favorites:

Philadelphia Eagles Virginia Tech Hokies

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ae View Post
    I think we baseball hardcores recognize Trout as the face of baseball, but the mainstream doesn't. Even those who didn't watch baseball knew who Jeter was. I would also disagree Bonds was the face of baseball. His biggest years overlapped Jeter and then the whole PED thing tainted his name.

I am admittedly NY biased tho.
    I'll admit that baseball isn't something I watch regularly, but rather keep track of. I claim that Bonds was the face of baseball because it seems like the sport thrives off the HR, which is what Bonds did better than anyone during his peak seasons, but I understand your argument and agree with it overall.

My Favorites:

Boston Red Sox Newcastle United

Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If there is a "face" of baseball, so to speak, I guess I'd go with Trout, assuming HOME RUNS are the determining factor.

Personally, though, I think Jeter's true successor is Altuve. Along with Trout (and maybe Betts), he's the dominant 5-tool guy.

Thread Information